Monday, September 28, 2015

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

The Treachery of Beautiful ThingsThe Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book has a lovely storyline, and the concept of it is good. However it took me months to finish it, I just couldn't keep my attention focused on it, meanwhile I finished 2 other books.
I love retellings of Tatiana and Mab and the faery courts. This concept of the May Queen coming to the Realm to replace the current queen, is great. I just think Jenny Wren is lacking something, something more that Jack would want to fight for, not out of duty but out of love. I did like the book, I followed it to the end. It was just a very long read. I won't reject another book by this author, I would gladly give it a chance. It could be that me and The May Queen just didn't mesh.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment