Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida

The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with AutismThe Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an amazing journey it was to travel through the world of Autism, through the mind and eyes of this child. I am a mother of an autistic 12 year old, this book brought tears to my eyes, and made me want to hug my boy and tell him how sorry I am for all the times I misunderstood his words and actions. Every turn of the page made me sigh and say to myself, wow so that's why he does that or I never realized that's what he was trying to tell me. This book has given me hope on a much better life for my son as well as a better understanding of what he is going through and maybe just maybe together we can change his world and make it the beautiful world described in this amazing book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment