Monday, November 29, 2021

Flame Kissed (Phoenix Rising #1)

 



** spoiler alert ** I do believe the Fates have blessed me with this wonderful series. I started reading Annie’s series out of order and read about Max first. So it was very enjoyable to get some backstory on some of the characters I had met. Like Aiden and Ian. Most definitely Aurelia, I can’t wait to see how her and Max come together.


What made this book so great for me personally is the relationship between Aurelia and Rhys. Just so happens it is extremely relatable. Me and my boyfriend have dated on an off for 24 years. With me never giving in. Him always being in love with me. We had a similar conversation as this one below.



“Why what? Why save you? Because I’ve loved you since I was twelve years old, and you told your mother you’d rather eat a pinecone than wear a corset. I loved you when you didn’t love me. I loved you when you were married to someone else, when you were pregnant with another man’s child. And I loved you even when you hated me. I loved you before we were bound… and I love you still.”



“I love you too, you know,” I say. Because it’s true. I love him, and I’m just now figuring out, I’ve loved him for a long time. Before Lucien. Before he saved me. Before it all went to shit. I just wouldn’t let myself fall to it, too stubborn to admit I cared for the man chosen for me. Well, I’m choosing him now. “I know. I was just waiting for you to come around. I knew you’d get it eventually,” he says with a relieved smile.



I read this to him and said we are Aurelia and Rhys. Only you didn’t have to wait 160 years. And he answered back, you are right and we are. Later he nick named our Facebook chat Me:Aurelia and his : Rhys. Sweetest thing ever.


One of my favorite things about how Annie writes is even tho they are Fantasy and I’m not going to phase anytime soon into a Phoenix, her books are very relatable.


Thank you for another great book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment